Saturday, November 26, 2011

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree


 Today we went to Pine Creek Pass and cut down a Christmas Tree for the first time.  Grandpa Hanson came along and got one too!  I was a complete amateur and was unaware of the fact that I would be in over a foot of snow climbing up a mountain.  Ha!  I guess I just thought you would walk on a nice path to a huge area with lots of beautiful trees.  Needless to say Kenzi and I only lasted about 1/4 mile in.  I was tired and I was scared Kenzi was getting cold.  We headed back to the truck and let the boys pick out some good trees.

It was a beautiful day.




Kenzi and I were in the truck for only a few minutes when we saw Brett and Barry coming with their trees!




Logan loved every minute of it.







Aww... the Christmas train, Logan has been begging to get it out since July.






It was such a fun family day.  I have always wanted to cut down a tree.  The tree smell is so wonderful in our house:)  Lets just hope the tree lasts until Christmas!
Our ornaments for the year!  


4 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

Love your tree! Sounds like it was a fun adventure! Hope Kenzie doesn't break ALL the ornaments! She looks like she is itching to derail that cute train!

Danielle said...

This is probably the happiest blog post I've ever seen. Haha looks like fun!! P.S. Why does your elf look so creepy...? Haha just kidding;)

Amy's Kitchen said...

Well doesn't that tree fit just perfectly! :) This just gets me in the Christmas spirit!

Carlson Clan said...

What a fun thing to do! And it looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Saydi has the same shirt Kenzi was wearing! Don't you love being able to bathe both your kids at the same time! So helpful. And last but not least, holy shopping batman!!