April was a CRAZY month, we knew it was going to be and we were ready! The whole month I did a ton of Photography which meant a lot of editing time on the computer. Meanwhile we had to get our apartment packed up and ready to move. Also, I had signed up for the SLC Half Marathon and was trying to find time to keep training. April 20th I ran the coldest, wettest half marathon in SLC with a time of 2:22. Not great, but I got so cold and stiff at mile 9 that I hit a wall and really slowed down. After the race it was time for baby Kesslie's debut on April 22nd. Then on April 24th we closed on our new house and moved in!!
Lets back up on the house..
The first part of February I was ready to be done with the apartment living. I knew it was going to be getting warmer outside and I hated having the kids ride their bikes and play in a parking lot. So I made an appointment with Bank of Idaho and we were approved for a home loan within a few minutes! Time to go shopping, although I already had been shopping, now I could actually go look:) We have had our eye on a neighborhood, that our friends have a house in, for years. There were four houses being build at the time in this neighborhood. So I called up the realtor and asked about the houses, all were sold, but one:( He said we could look at all of them because they had another lot available that they could build whatever we wanted on. We looked at two of the unavailable homes and I really didn't like either of the layouts. Then we walked in OUR house. It was exactly what we wanted. It was only two-bi fours but I could tell it was going to be perfect!
We thought about it that night, talked with our realtor the next day and put an offer in the next day. The offer was accepted! We were so excited, but had to wait just over two month for them to finish. It was frustrating and fun at the same time! We loved seeing it all come together.
The above pics are from today. We all love our house. The neighbors and the ward have been so great. We feel very blessed to be in our own home to make lots of memories in!
While waiting for the new house we filled our time with filling boxed, playing and cleaning.
Logan wrote his name on his box of toys:)
The boxes were so fun having around:)
The weather was nice for a second..
April 20th -- After the SLC Half. Waiting for Brett to go get the car. Best part of that day was coming across the finish line and seeing Brett holding sleeping Kenzi in a blanket with Logan cold and wet standing next to him. I could not believe they had come to brave the weather to see me finish:) I felt so bad for them, but I loved having them there:) :)
April 22nd Kesslie Kay Johnson was born!! 8 lb 0.5 oz
April was such a great and busy month. We are so glad to be in our new house and so glad Kesslie made it to Earth safe and sound. ( she is such a good baby) Heavenly Father is watching over us and pouring out many blessing! We are so grateful and happy for the summer months and our adventures to come!










1 comment:
wahoo for your new house! it looks beautiful!
Post a Comment