Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sad / Great weekend

I have waited all week to post about this, deciding if I should or not, mostly because I was so upset, but here goes. Last Saturday my sister Shannon was going through the Bountiful Temple for the first time!! I was so excited for her that I could not wait to get down to Salt Lake and hang out:) So, I insisted on going down Thursday morning:) Brett, Logan and I packed up all of our stuff, which is now a lot more with a little one, and headed to SLC. We got to Salt Lake Thursday afternoon and went straight to Shannon's. Then we headed to the Gateway to shop and look around. It was so fun and the weather was amazing!! That night we had dinner and just hung out. The next day we went shopping again (what else do you do in SLC :) My parent met up with us that afternoon and we went and checked into our hotel. Brett and I had also rented a room, right next to my parents room, it was funny, they were surprised. Anywho, we got settled and I was so excited because I love staying in hotels, I know a little lame, but they are just fun:) We ordered a way good dinner in and decided to go swimming. Shannon's kids, Kirra and Tysen, had a ball, but I didn't let little Logan swim, cause I am paranoid about germs:) That night I fed Logan and put him to bed, he was having a little trouble sleeping because of the strange place and all. Then at around midnight, Logan started throwing up... a lot. He kept throwing up until he was gaging up stomach juices, which was so sad to see, a 2 1/2 month old dry heaving. Brett and I were so nervous, Logan was so pale and lethargic, that after a little while we decided to take him to Primary Children's Hospital. We got to the ER and there was A TON of sick people. I went straight to the desk and through my tears said, "my baby is really sick". Being the great hospital it is, they got us right back. They looked little Logan over and decieded he was dehydrated, but they were not sure what was making him throw up - cause he still was at this point. The doctors decided to do an IV for fluids, blood work, urine check and x-rays. Which means we had to watch our poor little boy get poked, have a cathater and x-rays:( It was awful. Once they started the IV the vomiting stopped and Logan slept peacefully in Brett or my arms all night while we waited for the results of all the tests. Everything came back great, they decieded he must of just had a bad stomach bug, but they made us stay to monitor Logan until noon the next day--- Saturday. We were exhausted. We were so glad our little buddy was doing better and that nothing too seriours was wrong, but because we were in the hospital we missed the 10 am session at the Bountiful Temple for my sister:( I was so upset at what had happened, not only did my little baby get really sick, but I missed out on supporting my sister. The Temple session went great and Shannon had a wonderful experience. I am so glad she went through!:) Great Job Shan, we love you! I am also glad Logan is doing a lot better and eating more than ever! All in all the weekend was bittersweet:) This picture is Logan Saturday morning with his little IV:( He is feeling a lot better:)

14 comments:

Andrew | Susan | Grayer said...

Cherice,
I know exactly how you feel. I bawled my eyes out when we had to take Grayer to the hospital and had to watch him get poked and prodded. It is so scary when they get sick at such a young age. I am so glad that he is doing better!!
That is great about your sister, what a special event, sorry that you missed it!! Hope things continue to improve for Logan!!

Mary said...

Oh my gosh! We had to take Becka into the ER when she was 10 days old, it was so scary! I'm glad that he's doing good though! My sister works down in the ER at the desk. You migh have seen her, super tall, skinny, and short blond hair. Anyways, that totally stinks about you missing the temple with Shannan.

Matt and Jessie said...

How sad! I am glad to see that he is getting better. Hopefully you can get to go through a session with your sister soon. It is so cool that she was able to go through. Glad that you guys had a little bit of fun before the sickness happened.

Shannon said...

AWW!!! this is so sad it makes me wanna cry :( Poor little Yogan had a horrible 1st trip to SLC. Well we'll have to hit the temple this week cuz we're coming up thursday :)

Taunya Spaulding said...

oh no! it sounds like you handled it a lot better than i think i would have! i think i would have been histerical! I hate to see when anybody's little baby gets sick. i'm so glad that he is feeling better! congrats to shannon! that's way awesome!

Kurt and Julie said...

Wow that sounds so familar, but ours wasn't as bad as far as a hospital stay! Isn't having a sick baby so scary! I hated it when Ainzley got sick awhile ago and we had to take her to the ER! I am glad he is feeling better! Good luck!

Unknown said...

I am so sorry!!! I totally know how you feel!! It's the worst feeling ever to see your poor baby suffering! I am glad he's doing better! Let me know if you need anything.

Blog Stalker Mom said...

Cherice/Brett! Poor little guy. I can't imagine how scary that was. I am so thankful he was okay and it was just a "bug" but what a trooper. I can't believe you got a pic of him smiling in the hospital WITH an IV. R U kidding me?! What a cutie. I can't say I would be that happy after all that. You have the BEST baby in the world it sounds like. You are the BEST parents in the world too! I am glad you guys are doing okay. Did you get some rest eventually? I wish I were there and I would come babysit him all the time. I am so jealous of everyone who gets to be around him.
XXOXO
A

Mark said...

Oh my gosh that is terrible! It is SO hard to see your baby sick and know there's nothing you can do. I'm glad it was nothing serious. That really stinks you didn't get to go to the temple!! I hope Logan is doing better and doesn't get sick again!

Carlson Clan said...

Okay, Mark was logged in to his email and I didn't double check. "Mark" is me. =)

Blatter said...

That is so sad!! Poor guy!! I am glad he is feeling better!

The Pascoe Family said...

Poor little guy. I swear that little boy is always smiling. It is so cute. Sorry that you weren’t able to be there with Shannon. That really stinks. Luckily there will be many more chances. Hope Logan is all better.

Unknown said...

My niece went through the Logan temple that weekend, too and I missed out because I'm on bedrest. It's sad when you can't be there, huh? I'm glad the little guy is doing better. Primary Children's is amazing.

bridgetrussell said...

That is so sad when sweet little babies get sick. It is too bad you missed the temple. I am glad Logan is doing better. He is such a cutie!