Monday, June 11, 2012

For the Record....

This will be a boring post to most;)  I just wanted to have an update in my blog of the craziness going on around here.

Last Monday afternoon Logan took a little spill off of his bike and hit his front tooth, no big deal right.  Well his front tooth chipped!  His little teeth are so crowded in his mouth his two front teeth are so tight that they created a cavity right in between.  That cavity was just the perfect weak spot that Logan hit on the handle bar of his bike, therefore chipping his tooth.  So I called Bryce, our dentist and uncle, to see if he could take a look at it Tuesday morning.  We had Rhonda watch Kenzi and we headed to the Dentist, thinking it would be this horrible traumatic experience getting his tooth fixed.  Bryce came out in the waiting room looked at it and decided to be the nice uncle and refer us to a pediatric dentist to get it fixed.  We scheduled an appointment with Dr. Higham for that coming Thursday. 
Then on Wednesday Brett got a call for an interview for an internship in Idaho Falls.  He went and interviewed and they offered it to him on the spot.  I can't say how much of a blessing this little internship is and will be for Brett.  I am so proud of him and for working so hard. 
Thursday we went to lunch as a family then headed to the pediatric dentist.  He looked at his front teeth and decided he would need to be mildly sedated to get it fixed and that he may have a cavity in both his back teeth on the bottom......what the!  We were so confused.  Brett and I have been crazy about getting his teeth brushed, we even would floss sometimes!  We asked Dr. Higham what may have caused so many cavities and he said soda or sugar drinks...which Logan has very rarely, then he said anything in a sippy cup besides water is bad after age 2, even MILK!  Those who know my little Logan know his sippy cup with milk or chocolate milk has been his best friend.  Well that best friend was slowly rotting his teeth!! I couldn't believe that milk could be a cause of cavities.  Needless to say when I got home all sippy cups went in the garbage.  Logan has asked for them a few times, but not really.  We got him some really cool Cars, Toy Story and Hulk cups to replace his beloved sippy cup.  So tomorrow morning, bright and early Logan and I will head to Dr. Higham's office for a little, very expensive, dental work.  Hope he does okay:)

So back to last week, Friday I had to work all day and when I got home we got ready for our Yard Sale the next day!  We got rid of a TON of crap and made some money doing it.  My neighbors brought some stuff over so it was a HUGE sale and busy from 8 am to about 1 pm.  Around 2 o'clock we called a local thrift store and they came and picked up everything we didn't sell....it was so nice to not have to haul it somewhere:)
Also, this past weekend Devrey and Chandler came to visit!  It was so great seeing them:)

Well today Brett is at his first day of his internship.  I sure hope he likes it! The next four weeks are going to be rough, especially for Brett.  He will work all day and then have school at night and sometime in there watch the kids while I work and get us moved out of our house!  We were suppose to close and be moved out by this Friday, but it got pushed back a week, which is kind of good, gives us a little more time to get things together. 

Kenzi is just along for the ride!  She is hilarious and keeps us all laughing.  She loves to play with Logan and she LOVES her baby dolls:) 

Well I sure hope Brett makes it through these last 4 weeks of his summer semester and all the other craziness going on.  Then he will have almost a 2 month break from school before he starts his last semester at the end of August.  Can I just say how excited I am to only have to pay the ridiculous amount they charge for tuition just one last time...ever!  Halleluiah!  


2 comments:

Matt and Jessie said...

Wow, poor Logan! Who knew milk was bad for your teeth? Crazy!!

Awesome about the internship! That is soooooo sweet! I am sure he will be able to keep up. Sorry everthing is all hitting at once! Hope your move goes smoothly and I am sure you will have lots of help!

Good luck!! Wish we could be there to help out!! I would love to carry all your heavy boxes and get this baby on the way!!

Carlson Clan said...

So sorry about the tooth incident! I hope things went well at the dentist. We go to Dr. Higham too and he is awesome. Congrats on the internship! That is wonderful news. I hope the next few weeks aren't overly stressful for you! You are always welcome to come play btw if things get a little cramped at your mom's house. =) Seriously, just call or text and come on up.