Sunday, June 21, 2009

My "half marathon", 2 Birthdays and Fathers Day

Saturday morning I woke up really early to do my "half marathon" run:) Let me back up, I was really into running before I found out I was pregnant with Logan. I would do the fun runs around Idaho Falls and really enjoyed it. I was going to start training for a half marathon, but then I found out I was going to have Logan :) and at 14 weeks I stopped running cause I was scared I'd hurt the little guy:) So, since Logan was 4 weeks old I started running again to do my half marathon! When I looked into signing up for a race the fees to enter where not in our budget, I am not sure why they charge so much for a t-shirt and for them to time you while you run!! So, I got this great idea, I will have Brett time me for free!! Saturday at 5:45 am I started and I finished the 13 miles by 8:07 - 2 hours and 22 minutes, no too bad. It was way fun and I am so glad I reached my goal!!

Saturday afternoon was my nephew Tysen's birthday party! It was so much fun and my sister Shannon made the BEST ice cream cake!

After Tysen's party it was off to the Hanson's for Barry's Birthday/ Fathers day celebration! It was so fun! We had a yummy dinner and dessert. Then opened presents, Logan even got a new toy:)
This year is Brett's first Father's Day!! Brett is such a great Dad to Logan, and Logan adores him:) Thanks Brett for all you do for us, We love you!!!

12 comments:

Cecily said...

That's awesome you did a half marathon! I did a 5k (lol) before I was pregnant which motivated me to want to train for a marathon. I still want to run a 1/2 marathon. I am more motivated to just do it when I hear people like you running it! Great job Cherice!

Jake and Gretchen said...

I'm am so impressed! I hate running and the fact that you just did it on your own for fun is amazing. I wish I liked running. Love the pic of Brett and Logan so cute!

Blog Stalker Mom said...

HAHAH!! You are funny. Personally, I don't get the 'love' for running and
wanting to do marathons and half marathons, but hey...more power to ya! 13 miles
in 2 hours?!?! SNAP! It's like you never stopped running, dude! Sounds awesome. And
yeah, I also don't understand how they charge so much for a t-shirt. Your 1/2 marathon is
cool cuz it's FREE and resourceful!!! We like free!:-)
Logan is too cute. I am coming in July for a fam thing, could I meet up with you to FINALLY meet Logan? It will be the weekend of the 18th of July. Please let me know.

The Pascoe Family said...

Good idea on the marathon on your own. Free is always better. The picture of Brett and Logan is way cute.

Kimber Bowen said...

That is amazing that you ran a half marathon. And you did on your own. I am so impressed that is great. You have great motivation.

Jenn and Chris Rasmussen said...

so happy for you and your run. i have done 2 so far and they are super rewarding.

Matt and Jessie said...

You rock!! I am impressed that you could run a half so quick after having a baby!! Way to go!! Hopefully we can run together sometime. As for the festivities, it was fun to see you guys. I was so happy to hold Logan. He is so cute and such a happy little fella!! Brett is a great dad. I know my boys sure love him.

Taunya Spaulding said...

I didn't know you were into running marathons! Awesome job! Better than i could ever do! Happy Father's Day Brett! How exciting! Hope you all had a great day!

Lance and Darcie and Auzzy said...

Cherice, that is awesome that you ran a half of marathon! I am proud of you! That definitely takes a lot of motivation. I was actually surprised to see myself run a mile the other day. Congratulations! Logan is getting bigger!

bridgetrussell said...

Way to go! I dont think I have ever ran for fun. Remember track? Oh that was bad. Anyways, Logan is just getting more adorable.

Brittney said...

Cherice,
I just left a comment on your photography blog--I was wondering what you charge to do pictures. Email me! Plus, we went private, so I need your email so we can invite you to our blog.
brittney.barney@gmail.com

Carlson Clan said...

Go you for running. I think I'd rather die. You look so great though so it obviously works. I wonder if I can look as good as you if I continue to sit on my couch and eat bon bons while I watch movies???