Monday, June 25, 2012

Big Changes...


This past week has brought many changes to our little family.  We have been so busy it is all a blur! We were getting ready to say goodbye to our first home and move in with my parents for the next few months before Brett Graduates in December.  Last minute we decided to rent instead.  We are grateful my parents, and Brett's parents were willing to take us all in, but in the end we felt it would be best to get a place of our own...mainly because our kids are destroctobots.   Last Wednesday it began, we started packing and packing and packing!  Brett borrowed a huge trailer to attach to his dad's truck to move all of our stuff.   We had also found a cute townhome  in Ammon on Wednesday that we really liked.  Brett stopped and looked at it before he headed to class, he said it looked great and filled out the rental application.  It was quite a stretch because we had to have our house completely vacant by the end of the next day and we didn't know where we were headed!  Thursday morning bright and early Brett, Logan, Kenzi and I started loading all of our stuff into the trailer.  Around 10 am the landlord called and said we got the townhome and to come and sign the lease and we could start moving our stuff in around 2pm!! Miracle!  Seriously we were so nervous, but so blessed in the end!  

We hurried up to Ammon signed the agreement, headed back to Shelley, grabbed the trailer,and moved to our new home!  We unpacked for a few hours, we were so tired, then Barry and Rhonda came and saved us and finished unpacking the trailer.  Friday morning we headed over to First American Title to close on our house.  It only took 15 minutes, it was definitely bittersweet.  After we finished we headed to Shelley to drop the keys off at the house and say our goodbyes.  I will miss that little house, for many reasons, but mostly because it was our first.  Brett and I bought that little fixer upper just 6 months after we were married, we were only 22.  We brought both of our babies home to that house. We worked so hard on every square inch of the place.   I will put before and after pics on of each room soon;)  Logan had kind of a hard time, he loved that house, it's all he has known:(

Well we are adjusting well.  I really like being in Idaho Falls and so close to everything, especially work.  Now I can come home on my lunch breaks:)  Brett loves being close to school and work too, everything just worked out!  We are very blessed and thank Heavenly Father for watching over us:)



One last bath in the GREEN tub!



Logan and Kenzi LOVED playing in the trailer












BYE 319 So. Milton!


Here is a pic of our cute little townhome in Ammon:)


5 comments:

Carlson Clan said...

So exciting for you guys and your new adventure! I know what you mean about leaving your first home. I bawled when we left California. =) I am glad you found a place! Maybe our next play date needs to be at your town home. ;) Welcome to Idaho Falls and it's convenience!

Kevin and Tiffany Hanson said...

Oh yah...so glad everything worked out. It seems that somehow it always does! We can't wait to see y'all this weekend. We sent your invitation to the Hanson's since we didn't have your address...hopefully you'll get it. Love y'all!

Amy's Kitchen said...

Wow... that made me tired! haha... so glad you were able to get all that done and you are liking your new place. We are moving in a couple of weeks and that just reminded me I should probably start putting things in boxes! :) Can't wait to come visit this summer!

Matt and Jessie said...

I am glad you guys are liking being in IF. I am sure it was hard to say goodbye to your super cute house. We had a hard time leaving our house when we moved too! Although now we would be happy to send it on its way! Glad things are working out so well for you guys!

Barry and Rhonda Hanson said...

Going to miss having you guys close by. I think grandma is having withdrawls. You both did an incredible job with that house and turned it into a home.
Grandpa